January 30, 2014
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
The Africa-America Institute will hold a timely and informative panel discussion on January 30 in New York City to explore the challenges and economic potential of President Obama’s “Power Africa” Initiative in enhancing Africa’s integration into the global economy and the creation of new jobs and opportunities.
Top panelists from the private and public sectors will offer perspectives on strengthening the technical infrastructure and human resource needs to expand Africa’s access to energy and promote sustainable development and growth.
- Agnes Dasewicz, USAID’s Director, Private Capital Group for Africa
- Michele M. Rivard, Chief of Staff, The U.S. African Development Foundation
- Tony von der Muhll, Global Strategic Relations, Shift Into Green Energy ECUA
- Paul Mwafongo, Minister Plenipotentiary, Economic Affairs, at the Embassy of the United Republic of Tanzania to the USA in Washington, D.C.
- George Monyemangene, Consul General of South Africa
Moderator: Kamran Khan, Vice President of the Department of Compact Operations, Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC)
Free and open to the public. RSVP is required. (To register, please click “Continue without logging in”, if you haven’t set up an account.) For more information, visit www.aaionline.org; email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (212) 949-5666.