Continuing our mission to strengthen human capacity in Africa, AAI launched its Annual Talent Summit that will offer a unique, multi-platform event to foster connections with outstanding individuals interested in working in Africa or in an Africa-focused environment in the U.S. with employers from the corporate, government and nonprofit sectors.
With enormous progress taking root across the continent, Africans from the Diaspora are uniquely positioned to contribute to boosting the economic growth and prosperity in Africa. An educated and skilled workforce is essential to fill top positions at Africa-based corporations and organizations to ensure that the continent can effectively compete in a global economy.
Africans are one of the most educated and employable immigrant populations in the U.S. A recent survey of the AAI job candidate network revealed:
- Average age is 33.
- Sixty-one percent (61%) are currently employed.
- Ninety-five percent (95%) are actively seeking or open to a new opportunity.
- Two-thirds have five or more (5+) years of work experience.
- Fifty-four percent (54%) hold a Master’s degree or higher.
- Over 90% speak another language in addition to English.
Visit the Talent Central site for a jobs board and resources from Africa-focused corporations and organizations. And check out the Second Annual Talent Summit page for panels and speakers from the last event!