Africa-America Institute Internship Program
This position is suitable for students, recent graduates, and young professionals who aspire to get a firsthand experience in working for and learning about managing an Africa-focused non-profit organization.
Potential areas of responsibilities
– Program/project assistance: You could have the opportunity of playing a major role in designing and marketing AAI’s global professional development programs
– Database entry and management: Working closely with the communications team, you could have the opportunity to maintain the records of AAI’s prestigious Alumni, Board, Donors and other stakeholders
– Document archiving: Past interns have helped maintain records to commemorate AAI’s 60 year history as one of the leading Africa higher education and policy organizations in the US
– Administrative assistance: These important tasks help AAI stay organized and efficient
– Research and development: Help AAI find the opportunities to make a greater impact in Africa and beyond
– At the end of the internship, if the intern performs all duties in a satisfactory manner, he/she will receive a letter of recommendation
Duration of internship
– 4 months (renewal)
– We will work with your schedule. However, we are looking for a candidate who can give at least 20 hours per week.
How to apply
– Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include in the subject line: Internship Application
– Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
– Undergraduate or graduate degree
– Interested in a career related to Africa’s development
– Solid written and oral communication skills
– Strong research skills
– Good judgment and discretion
– Ability to “go the extra mile”