Your Gift Transforms Lives
Your gift to The Africa-America Institute (AAI) will support:
- The Transformational Leadership Program, known as TLP, is a multi-year program that provides non-degree professional development training for African managers of Africa-based NGOs working in the fields of health, education, environment and entrepreneurship, and African small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
- The State of Education in Africa conference will track the progress of primary, secondary, tertiary, technical and vocational education in Africa and explore thematic, country and sector approaches to strengthening the capacity of Africans and educational institutions.
- Held annually during the week of the United Nations General Assembly, AAI’s Annual Awards Gala is one of the largest and most anticipated Africa-focused events in New York City. Distinguished U.S. and African business, philanthropic, academic, political and diplomatic leaders gather each year to celebrate African achievement.
- The AAI Future Leaders Legacy Fund to provide academically motivated, yet under-resourced students, scholarships to study in top-notch African universities and technical colleges to earn bachelors, masters and vocational and technical training certifications.
- The AAI Speaker Series will provide a forum for prominent AAI alumni and U.S., international and African leaders to offer fresh insights, perspectives and viewpoints on issues relevant to African domestic policies and U.S. and international policies toward Africa.
View a list of donors and partners of AAI
When you support AAI through a donation, attend our gala or a speaker series event, you play a pivotal role in advancing our mission of strengthening the capacity of Africans and African institutions.
AAI is grateful for our donors, advocates and champions, who continue to support our efforts. Over the past six decades, AAI has more than 23,000 alumni and has positively impacted hundreds of thousands of Africans and countless community-based institutions on the continent.
We understand that every individual and corporate donor must prioritize its philanthropy. On behalf of the Board of Trustees and our program beneficiaries across Africa, your generosity is deeply appreciated and well stewarded.