Jim Ovia Foundation Leaders Scholarship
The Jim Ovia Foundation Leaders Scholarship (JOFLS) is a partnership between the Jim Ovia Foundation and AAI that will have a long-term impact in creating a better and brighter future for young Africans. The JOFLS is funded by the generous donation of $2 million pledged by Mr. Jim Ovia, Founder/Chairman of Zenith Bank and the Jim Ovia Foundation, on behalf of the Foundation. Through our University partners, Covenant University in Nigeria and Ashesi University in Ghana, the Jim Ovia Foundation Leaders Scholarship provided to select high achieving students, from under resourced backgrounds, a full education that will offer them with the necessary skills for a dynamic and innovation-driven career
The Jim Ovia Foundation Leaders Scholarship provides the following benefits:
- Comprehensive Scholarships: the Jim Ovia Foundation Leaders Scholarship will provide tuition, room and board for undergraduate study.
- Career Support and Opportunities: Scholarship recipients will receive career counseling and support while still students and after graduation.
- AAI Global Alumni Network: Recipients of the Jim Ovia Foundation Leaders Scholarship will graduate into one of the most prestigious alumni networks. AAI Alumni include prominent leaders in many sectors around Africa and the Globe and includes two sitting Presidents. Scholarship recipients will be connected to this network for potential opportunities, mentorship and the ability to collectively continue towards developing the continent.
To be eligible, students must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a citizen of an African country, residing in Africa
- Exhibit strong academic record and penchant for high-achievement
- Demonstrate financial need
- Present an active record of youth leadership within his/her community
*** The application for the Jim Ovia Foundation Leadership Scholarship is now closed***